Toothbrush holders are a must in every well designed bathroomAs the name suggests, toothbrush holders are containers that hold your toothbrushes. In most homes, bathrooms are shared by more than one member of the family, so typically toothbrush holders come with about 4 holes (sometimes more) on the top to hold at least four toothbrushes at one time. Toothbrush holders are available as stand alone pieces or as a part of an accessory set that would normally include a shower curtain, soap dispenser, tumbler and a toothbrush holder. You can choose whatever meets your specific decor requirements. A set is great if you’re looking at creating a theme or a perfectly coordinated look. Individual pieces work equally well for adding an elegant touch in any kind of bathroom.
Toothbrush holders help improve oral hygieneToothbrush holders are not just important from the decor perspective; they are crucial for maintaining high levels of oral hygiene. Oral hygiene is crucial for your overall well being. And toothbrush care and cleanliness is an important factor in oral hygiene. A toothbrush holder ensures that your toothbrush is stored the proper way without coming into contact with any contaminated surface that can harbor harmful bacteria and germs. And we all know bathrooms have plenty of those!
The toothbrush holder design also helps in hygiene upkeep. The four holes ensure that different brushes, belonging to different people in most cases, do not touch or rub against one another. This prevents germs and bacteria from one mouth to pass into another.
When toothbrushes are stored the appropriate way in toothbrush holder, they dry faster and this means a cleaner, bacteria free toothbrush as dampness harbors germs.
Ensure that your toothbrush holders are kept safely away from the toilet as studies have indicated that every time a toilet is flushed, it throws up germs and bacteria as high as 6 ft in the air.
Keep your toothbrush holder clean at all timesUnless your toothbrush holder is clean, it’s not going to do a good job of keeping your toothbrush dirt and germ free. To clean your toothbrush holder try the following tips:
- Soak it in a solution of 1 part bleach and 3 parts water. Then scrub the insides of the holes with a small brush. This eliminates all the bacteria settled at the bottom. Wash off all the bleach with water before use.
- Put your toothbrush holder in the dishwasher once a week. It will come out sparkling clean.
How to find a toothbrush holder that’s a perfect fit in your bathroom?
- The first thing to do before you to buy a toothbrush holder for your bathroom is to first take a good look at your bathroom’s style. What is the color of your towels? Do you already have a shower curtain? If yes, what kind is it? Is there anything else that you would like to coordinate your toothbrush holder with? If you already have something that sets the style in your bathroom, buy a holder that complements that element. If there is no style yet, your toothbrush holder could well set the style for the other accessories.
- The bathroom is a great place for a theme. A lot of people like to go for exotic themes in their bathrooms. If you too want a theme, you can be assured you’ll find a wide range of accessories that match these themes and help you create the bathrooms of your dreams. Come up with any creative idea and you will find a toothbrush holder and other accessories that go with it!
- Toothbrush holders are available in various styles. The free standing variety is very popular but if you have a relatively smaller space, the wall mounted kind would work better. It can be easily mounted on a wall to save counter space. This also acts as a further safeguard for your toothbrushes keeping them away from any contaminants near the sink.
Enhance bathroom decor with our contemporary toothbrush holdersOur range gorgeous range of toothbrush holders is super stylish yet practical. It is brought to you in partnership with Blomus, Umbra and Zack, three leading names in the home decor business, known for their modern, elegant and durable décor products. Specially crafted for the modern bathroom, this collection comprises free standing and wall mounted holders which are made in a range of fine materials like stainless steel, porcelain and unbreakable melamine.
Toothbrush holders are essential for every bathroom, both for increasing visual appeal and maintaining good hygiene. When they team up with other chic accessories, they can turn your bathroom into the most stylish room in your home.