A spa refers to a health club, a place where thermal or water treatment is offered. The number of spas has increased tremendously in the recent years. There are different types of spas day spa, resort spa, destination spa, medical spa, cruise ship spa. People join spas for three main reasons – to keep themselves occupied in their free time, to maintain themselves - physically and mentally, to reduce stress levels.
No wonder People are addicted to spas!
- Spa treatment is good for your skin; the toxins are washed out through the skin pres.
- Spa treatment is best for relaxing the muscles in your body.
- Mind is at peace, totally relaxed and you are transported to a different world.
- Aches and pains, if any, disappear in a jiffy
Products used in spasA spa is an amalgamation of therapeutic treatments and some wonderful products to go with them. Apart from these there are other products that are required to maintain hygiene in the spa at all times.
SanitizersSanitizers are essential to maintain hygienic conditions in the spa. These come in concentrates and granular form.
Spa AccessoriesSpa Accessories such as:
- Defoamers help in prevention of foaming.
- Enzyme cleaner to prevent grease from accumulating
- Filter cleaners to prevent accumulation of impurities in the filter leading to clogging. This should be done every 4 - 6 weeks.
- Spa cover wipes are multipurpose wipes, use and throw.
- Spa shock helps in removal of unwanted organic compounds from spa water.
- Spa surface cleaner gently cleans the surface of the spa.
- Stain and scale control for removing stains caused due to dissolved metals such as iron, copper, manganese.
- Alkalinity increasers to raise the level of alkalinity in water.
- Calcium hardness increaser is needed to prevent corrosion of spa surfaces and equipments.
- Spa start up kit is a must have spa owners to run the spa.
Spa fragrancesSpa fragrances–most people visit the spas for relaxation and rejuvenation. Fragrances that can make a person forget all worries and tensions are a must have for every spa.
Spa heatersSpa heaters are also essential to have warm or cool water according to the client’s requirements.
Taking care of a spa
- It is important to check the sanitizers, calcium hardness, PH etc.
- It is also important to maintain the right water level
- The amount of chlorine in the water should not be high
- Hot tubs and spas should be drained at regular intervals
- Soft water can cause problems, try and avoid.